To create a community where the obstacles facing children, youth and families are overcome, enabling them to live healthy, happy and productive lives.
WAYS engages with at-risk children, youth and families through counselling, learning, skill development and advocacy to achieve healthy, independent lives and positive self-esteem.
- We believe that every child, youth and family has the right to live in a safe and supportive environment.
- We believe in everyone’s right to be treated with dignity, respect, compassion and honesty.
- We believe that personal growth and self-esteem are attainable through accepting responsibility and being accountable for one’s own decisions.
- We believe in a holistic approach, honouring each individual’s uniqueness, strengths, courage, diversity and integrity as they strive to reach their full potential.
- We stand by our children, youth and their families, seeking creative solutions in challenging circumstances.
- We value, appreciate and recognize the contributions of our employees and volunteers in attaining our vision and mission, as they are critical to our success.
- We strive to create responsive, effective, sustainable programs and act as accountable stewards of community resources.