As a Child and Youth Worker you will be helping to ensure a safe and comforting environment for our youth. You will have the opportunity to work with some truly dedicated staff in a supportive environment that builds on the strengths of every employee.
Work in an environment that has a truly innovative and caring approach to clinical care with children and youth, one that incorporates a collaborative team approach based on an individual and family empowerment model, this model is trauma-informed and attachment-based. Come and be part of our best in class Youth Empowerment Team, where WAYS youth and adult allies learn and develop leadership, teamwork, and social justice skills.
Why Should You Apply:
- Competitive wages,
- Pay in lieu of benefits,
- Paid multi day orientation, including in-class and in-field training,
- Skills training to meet mandatory training requirements,
- Supportive Leadership team,
- 24/7 On-Call Support.
The successful candidate will meet the following:
- Must possess a Community College Diploma in Child and Youth Care, Recreation Leadership, Autism and Behavioural Science, Police Foundations, Addictions Worker, or Developmental Services Worker or a university degree in social science.
- Must possess a valid class G or G2 Driver’s License.
- Experiences as a frontline worker in a residential setting would be preferred.
- Ability to provide services in French is an asset.
- Shift work, including weekends, evenings and overnights.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Residential Counsellor
Status: Full-Time Temporary – six month contract
Wage Rate: $20.26 / hour (start)
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
WAYS Mental Health Support is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity in its workplace. WAYS encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate candidates with disability related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment process, upon request. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process please contact our Human Resources department at HumanResources@ways.on.ca.