WAYS Mental Health Support (“WAYS”) is dedicated to providing an atmosphere free from barriers in order to promote equity and diversity. We celebrate and welcome the diversity of every person who access our services, is employed by WAYS, or who gains experience through a student placement. WAYS supports and upholds the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Canadian Multiculturalism Act.
The WAYS Multiculturalism policy ensures that:
- Hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, job assignments, transfers, layoffs, return from lay-offs, agency sponsored programs or events will be taken without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, family status, age, language or national origin.
- Harassment and Discrimination is not tolerated in employee relations and in the treatment of clients.
- The diversity in our community is viewed as a source of enrichment and strength.
- Services provided by WAYS are sensitive to varying cultures, religious and ethnic traditions, and gender (including gender identity and gender expression).
- Policies reflect the principles of accessible, sensitive services.
- Knowledge, understanding, and acceptance of our diversity is promoted throughout the agency.
- The ideas, views and concerns of our community with respect to diversity are sought actively.