Status: Full-Time (35 hours per week) for 14 month contract
Wage Rate: $36,291/ annum (start)
Anticipated Start Date: To be negotiated
The Scheduling and Payroll Assistant is responsible for providing efficient and effective staff scheduling and payroll services under the supervision of the Accounting and Business Technology Supervisor.
The successful candidate will meet the following:
- Possession of a College Diploma, preferably in business
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (Canadian Payroll Association) certification preferred.
- Experience working with a computerized payroll system or service (ADP, Ceridian etc.) is an asset.
- Advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills.
This position is ideal for you if:
- You exercise strong attention to detail.
- You enjoy problem solving.
- You have solid verbal and written communication skills.
- You are able to work in a fast-paced environment with many disruptions.
- You have the ability to maintain a professional and courteous manner in critical situations.
- You have a demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet an array of deadlines within a tight time frame.
- You are someone who demonstrates independent decision making skills.
In the position of Scheduling and Payroll Assistant you would be responsible for the following:
- Assisting the Accounting and Business Technology Supervisor with staff scheduling including:
- Generation of schedules
- Assigning staff to shifts and maintaining schedules in scheduling software
- Managing scheduling changes as it relates to staff turnover and leaves
- Participating in the coordination of time off scheduling and shift assignments with supervisors & management
- Maintaining accurate employee attendance, leave, and overtime data through scheduling software
- Assisting the Accounting and Business Technology Supervisor with the completion of bi-weekly payroll.
- Maintaining compliance with Collective Agreement, Employment Standards, & Canada Revenue Agency guidelines.
- Assisting with the preparation of the seniority list.
- Providing information to employees, at the request of the supervisor, on payroll and scheduling matters.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please quote the position in the subject line of your email.
WAYS Mental Health Support is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity in its workplace. WAYS encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate candidates with disability related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment process, upon request. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process please contact our Human Resources department at HumanResources@ways.on.ca.