At WAYS our mission is to provide unwavering support for high-needs children, youth and families through personalized mental health services.
As a Residential Counsellor you will provide critical coverage in our residential programs working with our high risk youth, along with helping to ensure a safe and comforting environment for our youth. You will have the opportunity to work with some truly dedicated staff in a supportive environment that builds on the strengths of every employee.
On October 15, 2018 we will be holding open interviews for the position of Residential Counsellor – Relief Part-Time.
Location: Goodwill Industries, Community Hall, Third Floor, 255 Horton Street, London ON
Time: Choose to come at 5:00 pm, 6:00 pm, or 7:00 pm
Please bring with you a current resume and cover letter and be prepared to complete a short written assignment.
In the position of Residential Counsellor you would be responsible for the following:
- Providing therapeutic counselling.
- Implementing and maintaining specific treatment plans.
- Observing and managing the behavior of residents.
- Acting as a positive role model.
- Planning and implementing recreational activities.
- Providing residents with instructions in life skills; i.e. cooking, laundry, cleaning, budgeting.
- Performing housekeeping and cooking duties.
- Completing daily notes, reports, and logs.
The successful candidate must meet the following:
- Must possess a Community College Diploma in child and youth care or equivalent specialization or a university degree in social science.
- Must possess a valid class G or G2 Driver’s License.
- Current in Red Cross First Aid and CPR and the Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behaviour (PMAB), or willingness to obtain these certifications.
- Must be available to work 16 days per month, of which 6 must be on weekends. Shift work is required, including evenings, weekends, and overnights.
- Working in a multi-level dwelling is an essential requirement of this position.
- Experience as a frontline worker in a residential setting would be preferred.
- Ability to provide services in French is an asset.
WAYS Mental Health Support is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity in its workplace. WAYS encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate candidates with disability related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment process, upon request. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process please contact our Human Resources department.