Become a Board Member
WAYS is an accredited children’s mental health agency supporting children, youth and families in Southwestern Ontario. WAYS is governed by a dedicated, dynamic volunteer Board of Directors with a diverse range of knowledge and skills. Board meetings are held monthly from September through June with some additional committee work. Board members serve a minimum three year term.
Board of Directors
WAYS Mental Health Support is an accredited children’s mental health centre that supports children, youth and their families throughout Southwestern Ontario. Since 1969, over 5,000 youth have lived in our group homes and thousands more have benefited from a variety of community programs. At WAYS our mission is to provide unwavering support for high-needs children, youth and families through personalized mental health services.
We have an opportunity for talented, conscientious community leaders to serve on an engaged, dynamic volunteer Board of Directors.
- passionate about the mental health of children and youth
- knowledgeable of the diverse and multi‐cultural needs in our community
- experienced in any of the following areas:
- Finance and/or Accounting
- Fundraising, Social Enterprise, Community Engagement
- Business, Operations Management
- Human Resources, Talent Management
- able to regularly participate in Board meetings (9 times per year) and serve on committees, which meet less frequently for a three year term
- able to communicate in French (an asset)
If yes, let’s connect!
All interested individuals are asked to provide a cover letter, and resume/biography and forward to:
Prini Dhawan, Nominating Committee Chair at email@example.com